Skip to content
Regular price £25.95

Tax included

Shipping calculated at checkout

Only 11 in stock

The Tempranillo Blanco grapes are sourced from the Finca El Aniceto, at La Encina. This vineyard sits on a plateau at 640 metres altitude, on the slopes of the Pico Gatún, in the Sierra de Yerga zone of Quel. This site is perfect for a very slow, gradual ripening of the grapes. The vines grow alongside aromatic herbs, olive, almond and fruit trees. The soil is very poor - a combination of clay, sand and loam. The grapes are harvested in the early morning and protected with dry ice. Fermentation occurs using indigenous yeasts from the vineyard - it takes place for one week at 14 °C including the skins, then for a further week at 16°C without the skins and with just the free-run must. The end of the fermentation process (3rd and 4th weeks) takes place in 500 litre French oak barrels. After fermentation 85% of the wine stays in barrel for six months ageing on fine lees with some stirring, and the remaining 15% is aged in amphorae for six months (with lees in suspension). The wine remains in bottle for six months before release.

Intense aromas of stone fruit with notes of fennel and thyme. The palate is bright and complex with apricot, peach and hints of passion fruit alongside lightly honeyed and almond characters. The wine has structure and weight, with notes of clove and a long finish.